Sunday, September 20, 2009

Count Down to Hong Kong


Today I start counting down, exactly one week until my departure. Next Sunday I will be leaving the United States to move to Hong Kong for six months.

This move is the result of a very interesting (but extremely stressful) job opportunity overseas. I could go in to all the technical and yawn -inducing details about what I will be doing exactly, about what my job entails etc., but I don’t really think anyone would be all that interested in that. Instead, I am inclined to think that the people I know are most curious about the experience of living in such foreign place and what on earth I am going to be doing there every day all by myself.

The problem is finding time to actually talk to all of my friends and family when there is a 12-15 hour time difference between Hong Kong and the United States. Additionally the cost of doing so adds up for everyone pretty quickly.

So, with much reservation I am going to actually “BLOG”. Make no mistake I hate the very idea of a BLOG (I don’t even know what BLOG means exactly) but I prefer to think of these entries as virtual letters meant for my friends and family. My goal is to provide some sort of update for those of you who have expressed  so much curiosity about what my life will be like there, (I honestly couldn’t tell you at this point). Additionally since I have to leave my beloved husband and pooch behind this will help me channel the lonesome blues into something productive and fun.

1. You can read when you like or if you like
2. You don’t have to respond
3. Everything will be totally G-Rated and appropriate enough to read at work if you must.

I can’t promise that it will even be interesting, but I do promise that I will do it more or less once a week.  I hope that you are ocasionally amused or entertained by these entries

Stay tuned..



No comments:

Post a Comment