Sunday, September 27, 2009

In To The Wild Blue Yonder

I am writing from the Newark airport as I have approximately one hour until I board my flight to Hong Kong and it has been a long day already. Mike and I were up at 5:00 and though we were both keeping a brave face on it was very hard to go about this morning as it were any other business trip, I miss him already! My dog, after seeing a legion of suitcases for the last few weeks, was so disgusted with me she refused me even the smallest goodbye smooch… heartbreaking. She doesn’t like it when I go and she had no problem letting me know it. Just to get even with her  I am publishing a rather unflattering picture of her, in DRAG!





And speaking of suitcases I have 197 pounds of luggage. Seriously folks, I know you are asking what on earth does one do with that much stuff, my question is what on earth does one do without it? To quote my favorite Yogi (bear that is), I am bigger than “your average bear” and if my shoe breaks or my blouse falls apart at the dry cleaners it isn’t so easy to get another one in a country where a size 8 is considered “Missy”. So I took all they would let me and more. I am sure at some point in the next 20 hours – I will be cursing myself and wishing I was just another smelly backpacker traveling the world with a pair of tennis shoes and a t-shirt.

Aside from the incredibly long flight I am about ready to get on, and the fact that I am flying right towards yet another Typhoon, I am excited and I am ready for the adventure. Check back in a few days for updates, pictures and tales from the Far East!


Stay tuned

1 comment:

  1. hi dear heart
    your little dog is the cutest! good for you on the unflattering pic, she deserves it if she snubbed you. hong kong is a crazy city and i can't wait to hear about your adventures. hopefully you will have some time to explore and they won't keep you jammed in your office the entire time. hugs, sheila

    ReplyDelete