Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Hong Kong Homeland House

I finally arrived in Hong Kong last night and unlike my last visit everything ran like clockwork. The flight was long and boring but 17 hours, three meals, 4 vodka tonics, 2 ambien, 1 issue of Vanity Fair, 1/2 of the new Dan Brown book, and a whole bag of Sweedish Fish later later, I was greeted by my driver who only let out a small gasp when he saw the aforementioned 197 lbs. of luggage. 40 minutes later I arrived on my new doorstep – just like that.

I think I described the apartment as “Bordello meets Opium Den”, which may have been a little harsh, it certainly is not décor that can be enjoyed by just anyone but for those who know me well , you will see for yourself why I find it so amusing. By the way it is very comfortable and clean. The air conditioning works so well I am actually wearing a sweater at the moment, I can’t figure how to turn the blasted thing off.

The apartment is great,better than I remember. The décor is not for everyone but it is very homey and comfortable. I am sure I will have a lot to write about this week as everything is new and worth noting but tonight I think I will stick to showing you what my crazy new apartment looks like. I have decided to call it the “Homeland House” , with all these patriotic Mao paintings and tributes everywhere I think you will understand why. As much as I love it though, I am glad my bedroom is relatively calm and understated, as 'cute' as all these Communist Babies are, I don't want to sleep with 'em in the same room.



And by the way if red is not your favorite color, I guess I won’t invite you over any time soon. In Asian cultures the color red is considered lucky, if so then I am living in the luckiest place in Hong Kong. When I get my wits about me I will consult the Feng Shui principles to make sure everything is just right so I can have a lucky and prosperous visit.



















This kitchen is pretty big for Hong Kong


2 comments:

  1. i love that you have a urinal! and a balcony.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes now only if I could use the urinal.. I just hate wasted luxury!

    ReplyDelete